April 27, 2015
Well, here we are less than a week to the big day!
With the weather co-operating your volunteer committee has put together what we believe will be a spectacular race on May 3, 2015.
To help you get ready for the big day, here is a list of things we would like you to be aware of:
1. Kit Pick up is set for Friday May 1, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Saturday May 2, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at St Paul the Apostle Church at 2400 Portage Ave. Entrance is in the rear. Please note there is NO kit pick up on Race Day.
2. Our race site has changed within the park to just inside the East Wellington gate at Park Blvd N. That is close to the ball diamonds.
3. Kits have it all. Your kits will provide you with all the information you need to know for all events-please read the insert. You can have someone pick your kit up for you.
4. Fundraisers - You can also drop your fundraising pledges on race day in the Merchandise tent.
5. Registration Refunds - Participants raising more than $300 qualify to get their registration fees refunded. In order to get a cash refund, please come to the finance table and fill out the form. If you do not fill out the form, a tax receipt in the amount of your registration fee will be sent to you.
6. Race Swag Here: We have lots of great merchandise for sale including dog collars and leashes again! We take cash, cheque, debit and credit cards.
7. If the Shirt Doesn't Fit: We will not swap shirt sizes at the kit pick up-this can be done on race day at the Merchandise Tent.
8. Start times: Wave 1 and Relay runners start at 8:00 a.m., 5K runners start at 8:20 a.m. and Wave 2 start is at 8:30 a.m. All events have the same start and finish lines.
9. Relay Runners: You can run in any order you like, results will be by 'Runner 1' and 'Runner 2'. There is only one race bib and chip - it will be on a running belt that you will hand off to each other.
10. If you want consistent timing results: Please have you race bib visible at all times. Because the timing chip is on the back of the bib it may not be read correctly if it is covered by layers of clothing.
11. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter so that in the case of emergencies we can relay the message. In the case of inclement weather, the Race Director has the final say in the start or continuation of the event.
12. We allow bib transfers for all events. Please present an email or note from the seller to the new runner at kit pick up. We will then for $20, change the name(s) so that the results reflect the change.
13. Arrive early, and drop your kit off at the dry clothing tent well in advance of your start time.
14. Lots of Parking - There is lots of parking in the park and on area side streets. Please watch for no parking areas so you don't get towed though!
15. Any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It's going to be a great race and we look forward to seeing each of you at the finish line.
Thank you for making the Winnipeg Police Half Marathon one of the very best races in Western Canada and thank you for keeping our community active.